Is you property up to the required standards for renting?
Two landlords have been fined almost £14,000 for breaching a multitude of property management regulations.
The charges related to the management of a three-storey rental property in south east Birmingham.
Council officers visited the property last October following a complaint from a tenant.
Visitors found a range of health and safety failings, including:
– No working fire detection
– Many doors were not fire doors
– No fire blanket in the kitchen
– Bare and exposed wires
– Trailing wires and extension cables
– A broken central heating system and inaccessible boiler
– Trailing electrics
– Peeling décor and mould growth
– Broken kitchen cupboards and units
– Loose electrical sockets and light switches
– Hole in the kitchen floor- Poorly wired and dangerous light fittings
EMPM is a lettings agent and offer specialist advice to all our landlords on a one to one bases. Our team are up to date with all the latest regulations and will advise you when new regulations are released so that you stay within the law.