Lettings is our business, not just part of it!

Is your rental property insured?

The chances are you’ll have a very large amount of money invested in your rental property. This is an investment you need to protect. Insurance will not only cover your building, as well as being a requirement for your mortgage (if you have one), but it can also cover your contents.

Landlords building insurance can protect your capital investment and property from damages caused by fire and flood, and most importantly it can also help protect the income stream you receive through your tenants paying rent.

Things to consider when choosing landlords building insurance:

  • Tenant Type
  • Loss of rent cover
  • Landlords’ contents insurance
  • Landlords liability insurance
  • Rent guarantee insurance
  • Landlords’ legal expenses cover Landlords Contents Insurance Cover
  • Damage to property, garden and outhouses
  • Fire/flood damage

Things to consider when choosing landlords contents insurance:

  • Fixtures and Fittings
  • Bathrooms
  • Kitchens
  • Radiators are usually insured under a building policy. (However, these can be excluded with some landlords insurance block policies.)
  • Flooring
  • Flood damage or fire damage
  • Theft from house or outbuilding

However there will be other things that you will need to consider at a more local level.

Getting your property insured offers the security you need when letting your property out and also protects your money invested into the property.

For further information about your property, give our team a call.